Effective January 1, 2011, computers, monitors, and TVs are banned from disposal in West Virginia Landfills.

Brooke County residents are able to recycle computers, monitors, and TVs at the Brooke County Recycling Center in Beech Bottom, WV, (at the old Windsor Coal Property) M-F from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Please
Bulky Goods

What are bulky goods?

Bulky goods as defined by the Public Service Commission: 1.8.b “Bulky goods” means items or materials which cannot be reasonably and conveniently collected during regularly scheduled weekly pickups,  

By mandate of the WV Public Service Commission, CSR §150-9-6.6, your monthly garbage service fee includes a schedule for the removal of oversized items including, but not limited to:
  • appliances
  • furniture
  • tires off the rim with a radius of no more than 16.5 inches
  • bicycles
  • and items that are at least 3 feet in length, width, or height, or at least 50 pounds in weight

The following items are NOT included in bulky goods pickup service:

  • automotive components
  • parts or frames that weight at least 200 pounds each
  • automotive parts such as motors and transmissions
  • hazardous waste
  • items that can easily be divided into bags/boxes/containers
  • items smaller than 3 feet in length, width, or height or less than 50 pounds in weight
  •  construction / demolition debris.

Most haulers offer the bulky goods pickup service once per month and require a courtesy call to schedule items to be picked up.  Please call your garbage hauler for their bulky goods schedule information.

Please note that municipal solid waste departments are exempt from the bulky goods mandate.  If you live in the Follansbee or Weirton, please call the municipal office to inquire about municipal bulky goods disposal.

The City of Wellsburg contracts its solid waste hauling out to a private company.  Please call that company, for their bulky goods schedule. 

© 2017 Brooke County Solid Waste Authority      231 Rockdale Road Follanbee WV, 26037
Phone: 304-527-3947      Fax: 304-527-3948